What a great day! Swapped in the morning, then approximately 50 people enjoyed the family cook out. Then came the fun flying, despite the record breaking 89 degree temperature, everyone seemed to have a good time. We had many new guys flying in the events and had some good pre-fun fly flying. Parker Hall is quite the 3D heli man. John Louden's Big Hawk looked great with the smoke on. Special THANKS to Scott Sorenson of Dawghouse R/C for his generosity to the club as well as Joe Carlisle for the Fox Eagle 60. And of course, thanks to every Balcksheep member who helped out, could not have such a fun day with out lots of help.
The event results and some photos are posted below:
Blackjack - Each pilot had five attempts to perform a spot landing on the gridded area of the field for a card value, there were sixteen squares with all the cards accounted for. Closest to 21 without going over, was the winner. Only one scored a 21 and Parker did it with a 9, 4 and 8. There was a three way tie for second, so, a sudden death fly-off with Luke Louden coming out on top.
1. Parker Hall - 21
2. Luke Louden - 20
3. John Louden - 20
4. Ralph McBee - 20
5. Al Hill - 12
6. Joe Kosiba - 11
7. Mark Berube - 9
8. Dillon McBee - 8
8. Tim Landon - 8
9. Scott Sorenson - 4
9. Ray Turner - 4
10. Kenny Seyster, Weir Thurman & Tom Carlyle
11. Blake McBee & Don Schmedake - busted
Blacksheep Mission - Each pilot took off, performed a loop, a roll, a spin, a stall turn (or hammerhead) and a touch n go. Then landed and tried to taxi back to the grid area as close to 2 minutes total time as possible. No timing devices were allowed. Used to be anytime with 10 or 12 seconds was good. This was a really exciting "as close as you can get" event.
1. Tom Carlyle - 1:55:5
2. Weir Thurman - 1:53:8
3. Don Schmedake - 1:53:6
4. Dillon McBee - 2:06:6
5. Parker Hall - 1:52:8
5. Rege Hall - 2:07:2
6. John Louden - 1:52:7
7. Ray Turner - 1:52:5
8. Joe Kosiba - 1:50:2
9. Blake McBee - 1:48:6
10. Mark Berube - 2:13:6
11. Scott Sorenson - 2:16:2
12. Tim Landon - 2:17:2
13. Ralph McBee - 2:20:4
14. Kenny Seyster - 2:24:4
15. Luke Louden - 2:36:8
16. Joe Hartsock - 5:30:5
Blacksheep Scramble - Two man teams, members drawn at random. Time started when first airplane left the grid and ended when the last airplane was back in to the grid area. One member performed 5 loops and the other performed 5 rolls. What excitement as all teams flew both pilots at the same time.
1. Al Hill / Don Schmedake - 39:2
2. Blake McBee / Ralph McBee - 45:5
3. Rege Hall / John Louden - 47:31
4. Tim Landon / Luke Louden - 1:20:5
5. Mark Berube / Scott Sorenson - 1:26:6
6. Parker Hall / Joe Kosiba - 1:36:0
7. Dillon McBee / Ray Turner - 1:37:5
Pony Express - Three man teams, time started when judge handed the mail to the team and ended when a team member handed mail back to judage after all three team members flew a circuit with the mail.
1. Deene Vanmeter / Tim Landon / Rege Hall - 1:52:4
2. Parker Hall / Blake McBee / Mark Berube - 1:57:9
3. Al Hill / Don Schmedake / Ralph McBee - 2:06:1
4. Joe Kosiba / Dillon McBee / Luke Louden - 2:44:9
5. Scott Sorenson / Ray Turner / John Louden - 3:36:1
L-R: 1) Group shot of the Blacksheep Squadron R/C Modelers at the fun fly
2) David and Wayne Jones with David's GWS electric Corsair.
3) Lunch bell has rang, everyone enjoying the cookout.
4) Luke Louden scoring a card in Blackjack
5) Parker Hall on the way to 21 in the Blackjack event.
L-R: 1) Dillon McBee zeroing in on a card in Blackjack.
2) Blake McBee in his attempts at Blackjack.
3) Rounding out the family, Ralph McBee on his Blackjack run.
4) Kenny Seyster trying his hand at Blackjack.
5) Ray Turner trying Blackjack. This was Ray's first fun fly.
L-R: 1) Don Schmedake gambling his pane in Blackjack.
2) Blackjack by Al Hill with his Tribute.
3) Mark Berube just releasing his Passion 40 in the Pony Express.
4) John Louden's Hawk breaking ground for his Pony Express run.
5) Scott Sorenson flying new Tango in Blackjack event.
L-R: 1) Joe Kosiba wheeling Tiger II into place as team looks on.
2) Tim Landon & Luke Louden getting ready for Pony Express
3) Parker Hall's Hawk and Joe Kosiba's Tiger II coming in for close landing on Scramble event.
4) Don schmedake, Al Hill, Deene Vanmeter and Dillon McBee talking strategy for Pony Express.
5) A Pony Express team getting ready.
Spektrum 7 radio - John Louden
Fox Eagle 60 engine - Mark Berube
Gallon of fuel - Faron Trosper
Red Ultracote - Bob Wernsing
Blue Ultracote - Jack Kirk