After lunch, we drew teams for the three trophy events and started the fun fly. The first event was the Blacksheep Scramble. In this 2 man team event, each pilot took off from the circle with one pilot flying three loops and then landing and the other flying three rolls and landing. Time started when the first pilot left the staging circle and stopped when the last pilot had his plane stopped in the center staging circle. Best time wins and it was very close. And the winners were:
1st place - Dillon McBee and Matt Shelton, 31.12 seconds
2nd place - Tom Carlyle and Parker Hall, 32.63 seconds
3rd place - Joe Hartsock and Don Schmedake, 45.49 seconds
1st place - Bryan Baumer and Blake McBee, 255 points
2nd place - Dillon McBee and Matt Shelton, 225 points
3rd place - Tom Carlyle and Ralph McBee, 210 points
1st place - Bryan Baumer, Parker Hall and Ralph McBee, 2:07.4
2nd place - Tom Carlyle, Joe Kosiba and Don Schmedake, 2:11.9
3rd place - Blake McBee, Dave Miller and Matt Shelton, 2:16.
Kaos 40 ARF - Scott Murphy
gallon of fuel - Vern Hines
tee shirt - Don Trosper
1. Ralph starting Blakes new T-Rex 700 prior to the events.
3. Blake taxis out as Dillon brings his plane back in as several others are looking on.
4. Joe Kosiba carrying back his Sonic after a go at the Blacksheep Scramble.
5. Something here just ain't right!
6. Parker Hall hitting the 50 point bulls eye with his Hawk.
7. Gary Melkey starting his Spacewalker II for the Blacksheep Scramble.
8. Blake McBee dead on the stick in the Blacksheep Mission event.
9. Ralph McBee taxiing his #24 Kaos in the Mission event.
10. Matt Shelton just over the stick.
11. Dillon McBee going at the stick in the Mission event.
12. Andrew Maasch setting up the custom made stick device for the stick break in Mission event.
13. Joe Kosiba with his Sonic going for the stick.
14. Al Hill with his OMP Yak 54, very maneuverable plane, it seen about every attitude in the last 10 feet to the stick.
15. Dave Miller just missing the stick.
16. Tom Carlyle flying his Smith Special in the Mission event.
17. Ray Courtney going for the stick.
18. Joe Hartsock just finished the taxi skill of the Mission and getting ready to take off.
19. Don Schmedake with his red fun fly special zeroing in for a spot landing.
20. Blake, Dillon and Parker.
21. Dave Miller ready for take off as Blake and Matt are changing the mail.
22. Parker Hall finishing for his team in the Pony Express, right down the center line and into the scoring circle.
23. Bryan Baumer landing for the Pony Express.
24. Parker handing the mail to the judge.
25. Ray "pylon" Turner, taking a brief siesta in between flyers.
26. Rege Hall taking off with Parker's Hawk as Dillon has just placed the mail and Al Hill just landed.
27. All the participants, what a handsome group!
28. Parker flying the Pizza King Stratus. Man, look at those blades bend. This is why it has to the PM'ed after every flight.
29. Al Hill's Great Planes Christen Eagle, powered by a new Turnegy 50 cc gas engine.
30. Andrew Maasch with Goldberg Eagle after an flight after the events.
31. Christen Eagle.
32. Yet, another shot of Al's Eagle. Have I told you lately that there is nothing more pretty than a smokin' Christen Eagle on a blue sky!